GMBC holds a practice criterium (crit) race series that is sanctioned by USA Cycling. The crit series runs from late spring to mid-August, on Tuesday evenings. For 2021 all races will be on Water Tower Hill, Colchester, Vermont.
There are three races (A, B and C) and your USAC racing category will determine which race you can enter. The A and B race entry fee is $10 per race. The C race, Junior and full-time student entries are $5 per race. Race fees include the $4.75 USA Cycling insurance surcharge. USA Cycling entry forms are used and may be filled out before the race or at sign-in. All Junior racers MUST have the signature of their parent or legal guardian on their race form. The C race is an introductory race for riders looking to get their feet a little wet and see what it is like to race in a criterium. Experienced racers ride the C race with new riders and give racing tips and encouragement!
Helmets must be worn at all times at the race site; infractions will be subject to fines.
Your USA Cycling license must be shown at registration. You may show your license with a smartphone or a printout. Licenses are no longer mailed. USA Cycling has changed their membership, license fees and procedures recently and this has forced us to change some of our race sign-in procedures. Please note the changes below so you are ready on race day!
- All Junior (6-18 years old) racing licenses are FREE! So Juniors, please obtain your license on-line directly from USA Cycling before coming to the race. We are no longer able to sell Junior licenses.
- Novice or Cat 5 racers may purchase a year membership for $50 directly from USA Cycling which includes a license to race in Novice or Cat 5 races like our C race. Novice racers may purchase a one-day ($10) license on site. You may apply the cost of 1 one-day trial license to the cost of an annual adult membership. Unfortunately we are only able to sell one-day licenses to Novice, non-Junior riders. This is a change from prior years.
- Cat 1-4 racers must purchase their licenses on-line from USA Cycling prior to registration for the Practice Crit. There is a one-day option available, but must also be purchased on-line prior to Practice Crit registration.
- Riders who compete during the season will be asked to help marshal intersections — all will have to help out so we can have a race series!
- All USA Cycling rules of racing apply.